Private Lake, Year Round Creek, Spectacular Mountain View
Earthship Home & 160 acres in Remote Chilcotin Area
Very Rare, Fully Self Sufficient Property!
WATER, WATER, WATER
- Lake: private 7 km lake; Float plane accessible; swimming; fishing; boating sports; birds
- Lake Cabin with bunks, wood stove, solar power, deck and dock
- Year Round Creek: with domestic and irrigation water rights
- Well: 10G/min of good water, efficient variable drive pump
- Hundreds of Lakes & Rivers in the area including the magnificent Chilko Lake and River (10km away)
- Artesian Wells on crown land near property
Asking $375,000 OBO. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SELF SUFFICIENT / OFF GRID
- Solar and Wind energy for Earthship home - 10 - 200W Solar Panels, 900W Wind Turbine, 16 Batteries with 420 amp hours each, 2 Outback Inverters capable of 7,000W of power.
- 50’ X 10’ year round organic greenhouse attached to home
- 2 - 10 X 15 raised organic gardens & large piles of extra manure / soil ready to build more
- 160 acres total property: 50 acre hay meadow, new growth forest remaining (forest fire in 2003 - therefore safe from fire for many years)
2007 EARTHSHIP HOME
- Lived in for 5 years: running water, electricity, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom (compost toilet, shower, sink), living room, large exercise room (could convert to 2 bedrooms), very large open kitchen, propane fridge & stove, low water/energy washing machine, wood stove, instant hot water heater, excellent satellite TV, internet & phone service.
- Home designed in tune with the sun, requires minimal heating or cooling (1 cord of wood / year to heat); and maximizes light in winter and shade in summer. Doesn’t freeze when vacant.
- Home is ready for finishing the way you want: walls, floors, ceilings, final plumbing for greenhouse (grey water); so you can customize to your tastes. See online Earthship Images to get ideas of what you can do! Move in now, relax, and finish at your leisure, or build your dream home(s). No building permits required.
- 2 sheds: 8’ X 8’; and 12’ X 12’; plus Large screen room and deck.
- Only Cost to own property is tax & water rights. Total 2012 = $1,061.03
- Year round Drive in access (60 km gravel from main highway). Also float plane access on your lake, or several private air strips (closest 20 km). Airports at Anahim Lk (120km) & Williams Lk (280km). Vancouver is approximately 300km flight.
- Magnificent mountain views from home (10 km away). East side of Coast Mountains so minimal rain or snow fall, and lots of sunshine.
- Very private property with closest year round neighbour 15 km away
- Surrounded by 100s of km of crown land. Wildlife & wild horses
- Closest community is Tatla Lake, 60 km on gravel road. Larger community with all amenities is Williams Lake (280km away)
Asking $375,000 OBO.