Live the north Idaho dream in this lovely 3 bedroom, 2 .5 bath, 2,661 sq’ home with endless views of the Kootenai River, Bonners Ferry and majestic mountains. Home was built in 2010 with sustainability in mind. There so many attributes that the survival minded buyer will love that already done for them. You’ll also love how bright and sunny this home is and the quality materials used throughout the home. Home can be purchased with 3.26, 8.26 or 13.26 acres. Check out the attributes of food, water and energy that this remarkable home has to offer, besides being in a beautiful setting:
- Organic fenced garden, 122’ x 50’, producing bushels of food. Automatic watering system already in place. Seller brought in 90 cubic feet of pond scum, creating rich, virgin soil. Includes sweet yellow raspberry bushes, multiple blueberry bushes, 3 varieties of grapes, garden rows as well as raised beds and a quality greenhouse to get your starts going.
- Mature orchard fruit trees of pears, apples and even kiwi. Multiple younger fruit trees as well. Garden and orchard are clean and pristine! Watering system is installed.
- Abundant wildlife in area. Home overlooks ravine filled with deer and elk. Wild turkeys are also abundant
- Hidden cold storage room to keep all preserves fresh and can also be turned into a safe room.
- Kitchen includes a walk-in pantry, Porcelain cast-iron farm sink, Granite Island with gas stove top, almost new convection oven and newer stainless steel refrigerator.
- Mud/laundry room features quality, extra large, stainless steel utility sink making it a breeze to clean your harvested food crops.
- Seller owns 3 Cabinet Mountain Water Memberships totally 36,000 gallons a month. Four memberships come with 13.26 acre purchase for a total of 48,000 gallons per month.
- Seller has set up multiple rain gutter water catchment systems on both home and greenhouse across the street that flow into 355 gallon cistern tanks
- Cabinet Mountain Water’s mainline contains 20,000 gallons of water near their home at any one time that could be tapped into in an emergency.
- 220 volt Hot Tub beacons your call to relax while watching the sunset drop over the mountains.
- $8,000 house tied generator that can run on either propane gas or natural gas. Sellers don’t even notice if the power has gone out, this system automatically kicks in.
- Heartland wood burning stove. Just throw some wood in this cooking stove and you’re ready to cook dinner or bake bread. This unit also has a water tank with spigot so you’ll always have hot water when you need it!
- Home Energy features: ICF foundation, highest R value in attic & vaulted ceiling, living room & family room have window energy shades both inside and outside, expensive Hardi-board siding.
- Have an RV? Insulated shop, 24 x 40’, is set up for RV living with small septic tank, 30 amp plug and shop door tall enough for RV.
- Each building has an 8’ metal stake grounding each building.
These are just some of the benefits to this beautiful home. The location is on a paved, private street, at the left far end of desirable Paradise Valley. The edge is on the “rim” capturing those amazing views.
Now across Cottage Lane the Sellers own an additional 5 acre lot with a paid water membership that they are selling for $122,400. You’re going to love the improvements made to this flat five acres. There are 48, yes 48 mature fruit and nuts tree orchard that highly produces. There’s even a large producing almond tree, plus a walnut. Guineas live in the orchard and eat all the bugs and wasps but never touch the fruit keeping harvest bug free!
You’ll love the hand crafted large organic greenhouse. Even in October this greenhouse is producing tomatoes and cucumbers besides cabbage and broccoli. Rain gutters off the greenhouse capture rainwater that flow into 355 gallon cistern. The greenhouse, blueberry bushes, red raspberries and giant blackberries have an automatic watering system already installed.
To keep all your mowers and wheel barrows, there’s a 16 x 16’ garage on this 5 acres.
About a third of this property is pasture and orchard and the remaining is wooded. Lots of cedar trees on the 5 acres, perfect for placing a home among the trees!
Contiguous to these five acres is an additional five acre parcel that is available. It too has a paid Cabinet Mountain Water Membership. List price on the additional 5 acres is $75,000.
One can purchase this sustainable home on 3.26 acres for $474,000, or include the 5 acres with the orchard for $582,000 or even add on the neighboring five acres for a total of 13.26 acres for $657,000.
Need additional living space for a mother-in-law or extra family? No problem. The 3.26 acres is actually two parcels. One can build on the other lot. This lot enjoys the incredible view as well. Or build a home on the 5 acres across the street. Lots of possibilities!
Check out the video here: https://www.tourfactory.com/2082754
Call Lynda Fioravanti for more details or to book a showing. 208-597-3663