This homestead is big enough for multiple families to live self-sufficient lives in the wilderness. It is away from major population centers and it is on defensible land. The area is popular with the survivalist minded. In addition to being a functional homestead, the house itself is beautifully finished and the views of the mountain range from the house are breathtaking.
- 6,020 sf home with 13 rooms including 2000 sf daylight basement on 60 acres.
- Entire property is fenced and has a single locking gate. Road up the street has an additional gate.
- 4 Bed / 2 full Bath, Library, Office/Den, & Bonus-room.
- Hardwood floor throughout. Maple staircase and banister.
- Kitchen has hardwood floors, cherry-wood cabinets. Laundry. Large pantry. Appliances included.
- ‘Extrodinaire’ wood fireplace surrounded with ledge-stone hearth on 1st floor. Wood stove on the 2nd floor. Propane heaters are also installed.
- 12 ft wide covered decks with a 360 degree view around the homestead.
- Unfinished 2,000 sf daylight basement that houses the alternative energy systems.
- Fenced Garden with large cistern and watering system.
- 8,000 ft mountain peak views.
- 2 car attached Covered Carport.
- Property has a dedicated well and septic system. Additional wells are possible because there is abundant groundwater and a subterranean spring running through part of the property.
- The property has been used for agriculture and livestock in the past. The soil is rich and there is abundant sunshine throughout the year.
- 100% Solar & Propane Generator powered. Solar is sufficient for day to day use. A propane generator is installed for emergencies. The inside of the house is wired for normal 120V AC power. A central inverter provides voltage conversion from the battery bank.
- An abundant supply of wood is on the property.
- Game is present on property year round.
- Spring is running through the property during spring, summer and fall. In winter, it is frozen over.
- Near great fishing and hunting spots.
- Property is next to national forest and far away from major population centers. It is a 25 minute drive via a remote road to the nearest gas station.
- Internet is available via satellite and 4G Verizon network.
- A single land phone line has been run to the property.
Well or Spring