A Once in a lifetime offering. Large Alaskan Compound for Multiple Families
Originally the state-owned Big Lake Fish Hatchery, Big Lake, Alaska
- Apx. 10 Acres easily adapted to high security
- Pavement to facility
- No immediate neighbors as this property is set in its own protected area with a vast area of space and trees surrounding it.
- Purchased from and surrounded by State land holdings. There are no other buildings or structures within view but property is close to Big Lake recreational areas, fuel, grocery stores and other local shopping.
- 25 Minutes from Wasilla in growing Big Lake, Alaska. Far enough away with plenty of Alaska still here!
- Less than 60 minutes from downtown Anchorage
- Various water wells with nearly 30,000 gallons a day of water rights, established in the 1970’s.
- Anadromous stream (salmon migrating creek) borders property – Meadows Creek
- Main 2” natural gas line installed across property and connected to most buildings. Available to the balance of the property, making this facility very cost efficient. Natural gas is very rare to most of Alaska, especially to a semi-remote compound such as this outside the city.
- Alternative wood and coal burning stove in unit #1 and alternative electrical heating in unit #3.
- 3 – separate and upgraded living facilities (1-With Garage). Property has plans to complete (7) separate living areas once completed.
- Large work-shop with rollup door, large storage carport and large three bay garage building need of reconstruction (undecided use).
- Apx. 6,000 sq.ft. Hatchery Building remodeling just started to include Bunk House for 12 with full kitchen with separate men’s and women bathrooms with showers and laundry. The hatchery building will also have (3) additional hotel rooms with large entertainment area with indoor rock fire place.
- Fort lookout tower planned with support structure existing. Construction being planned with natural gas fire place and warm gathering area with an over look from above it all. Mt. McKinley can be seen on a clear day.
- Generator Building is ready for back-up generator to support the complete compound. Power for the whole facility is supplied via this generating station and distributed to all buildings allowing one back-up power unit to run the whole compound. Natural gas is available at the generating station but diesel or propane generator can be installed.
- Electrical power, natural gas and septic sewage disposal is installed throughout the 10 Acre property. Abundance of wood for alternative heating available.
- Big Lake, Alaska considered Alaska’s playground – come and enjoy.
Through 9/15/17 – This property is available for $925,000.
As more buildings are completed the price of this facility will be increased to compensate for continued investment made to rebuild the structures.
Call to discuss the progress or visit.