Visit: theoaksmountainretreat.wordpress.com for more photos and information.
This is a rare and wonderful waterfront property. Realtors have told us it “doesn’t exist.” A realtor we spoke with said he had been selling mountain properties for over 35 years and hadn’t seen anything like this. 5 acres, orchard, year-round river, less than 2 hours from Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
This is a 5.5 acre (5.13 per tax assessor, but bigger than that) privately-owned property within the San Bernardino National Forest. Major year-round, 10,000+ gal./ minute stream. Native rainbow and brown trout. River water irrigates grounds and apple/pear/plum orchard. Additional photos: www.theoaksmountainretreat.wordpress.com
25 miles from Big Bear. 74 miles from city of Orange. 84 miles from Pasadena. 87 miles from Los Angeles.
2. There are two houses, both in very good condition.
A-frame two-bedroom (one is a loft bedroom), one bath, about 700 square feet. South-facing wall of glass looks out on 300 year-old oak trees. Built in the late 60s. Two-story, two bedroom/1 bath “Orchard House” looks onto the orchard, with lots of light, lots of windows, view of the sunset, etc. Built in the early 90’s. About 1000 square feet.
3. The potable (household) water is spring-fed.
4. Irrigation water is pumped from the stream. Sophisticated, professionally-designed and installed system can be operated remotely (from another residence or while traveling). No worries about the orchard needing water, etc.
6. Elevation is just under 5000 ft, so there is snow in the winter!
7. Land is level, then slopes gently, then more steeply.
8. South-facing advantageous locations for solar installation, gardens and/or greenhouse.
9. Mature orchard with approximately 30 apple, pear, cherry and plum trees.
10. Wide variety of fauna and flora includes deer, bear, fox, duck, many kinds of birds including quail, great-horned owl, blue heron; alder trees, oaks, pines and evergreens, shrubs and wildflowers.
11. Property is on the grid with Southern California Edison. Additionally, there is a 12 Kw propane backup generator.
13. Both houses have Rennai propane heaters. The A-frame also has a wood-burning Franklin stove.
14. The property is accessible via county-maintained paved roads which are promptly cleared of snow in the winter-time, making it easy to come and go no matter the weather.
15. PLEASE NOTE: The property is gated. We are happy to show the property to serious buyers with evidence of pre-qualification.