This 40 acre preppers dream is literally at the end of the road and very secure behind the locked gate. I-25 is 8 miles away, Trinidad, CO is 15 miles and Walsenburg, CO is 20 miles away. “Over the river (creek0 and through the woods (ponderosa pine) for 1.2 miles of private road. Constructed in 2016, this road was ditched, crowned, culverts installed and 4” of gravel top it off and take you up to the house. This great road makes ingress/egress a pleasure any time of year. This is also a magnificent private walkway through the wilderness.
- The house sits at 7000′ of elevation has and has 2070 sq. ft. of heated living space
- 3 (4) bedrooms all with large closets. 3 carpeted, 1 tile
- 2 full baths. One with tile floor, skylight and laundry center
- Great room with spectacular views of the Sangre de Cristo mountains and Spanish Peaks, wood burning stove, vaulted ceiling and lots of windows
- Great room has 32′ of windows facing West and South
- Family room with sky light, wood burning stove and carpeting
- Kitchen has eating area, tile floor and hickory cabinets
- Refrigerator, gas range, over range microwave oven and chest freezer
- Dining room has tile floor and great views
- 40′ covered porch to watch those magnificent sunsets
- 16′ x 12′ composite deck with 12′ x 10′ gazebo and Jacuzzi hot tub
- 20′ composite porch faces South
- 6′ x 15′ covered wood storage
- Hidden crawl space for storage and security
- 40′ x 40′ Steel Building with power, great windows, and 10′ x 10′ overhead door and 3′ man door 2014
- 23′ x 17′ finished steel building with heat, power, huge windows and ceiling fans/lights. Great overflow or long term guest room 2013
- 1 1/2 car garage with loft storage and observation blind on outside facing West.
- Concrete walled building houses 1200 gallon water tank. System is pressurized. Solar arrays are mounted on/to this building
- 12′ x 10′ Greenhouse with power. 2017
- Covered three walled wood crib hold 1.5 cords just 15′ from the door.
- All buildings have steel roofs and were recently painted
- Heat is base board hot water with multiple zones in every room (including water building)
- Wood burning stoves in Great room and Family room.
- Passive solar heat in Dining room, kitchen and one bedroom
- Tankless on demand propane hot water heater 2012. Water pump and pressure tank 2013
- 500 gallon propane tank for house with a 100 gallon back up tank
- Well collapsed and would need to be re-drilled
- House is wired for Directv and Dish satellite systems. Great room is hard wired for 7.1 surround (Monster cable)
- Verizon cell service works great at the house/buildings and top of the mountain
- Zantrex 55/48 inverter, 2 Outback charge controllers, disconnects, etc. System produces 120/240v
- 15 Solar panels, 2 arrays, 3600 watts
- 10 kwpropane generator (2017) with 300 gallon dedicated propane tank. Additional 9500 kw backup generator.
Gardening Systems include;
- 60′ x 20′ x 12′ fenced garden 6 Aspen trees within. 3 Gardening water catch tanks; 450, 300 and 200 gallon.
- 12′ x 10′ Greenhouse 2017 2 x 6 construction. Steel security door, lights and fans.
The house sits in a large meadow, 3/4 of the way up the side of the mountain. The top of the mountain is partially wooded with a large meadow. Views of the Spanish Peaks, Sangre de Cristo Mountains and Greenhorn mountain are breathtaking. At the edge of the woods there is a 12′ platform with a 8′ x 4′ x 6’6″h observation blind with 2 boat style swivel chairs. (very comfortable) The blind looks at two meadows and the mountains. The property is steep and heavily wooded predominantly with Ponderosa Pine, Pinion Pine, Cedar and Juniper trees. Wildlife abounds with regular sightings of elk, mule deer, black bear, turkey and if your lucky a bobcat or mountain lion. At night there are no other lights visible.
World class fly fishing on the Purgatoire River or Bear and Moon alpine lakes. Other lakes include Horseshoe lake, Martin lake, Monument lake and Trinidad lake. All within 20 miles.
With the proximity to shopping, complete seclusion and security behind your locked gate and world class big mountain views, this self sufficient property is very special ands unique. Showings by appointment only.
Available furnished as well. Price to be determined based on inclusions.
For sale by owner.