This lovingly handcrafted Lindal Cedar Home on 39 acres was designed with energy efficiency in mind. With solar and wind power, a propane generator, tied to the grid (power company credits!), and situated just off the paved county maintained road, this house offers year-round easy living. Positioned to take advantage of the sweeping mountain and valley views in every direction, the 3100sf house, 1000sf attached heated garage and the 5 stall barn all show exquisite attention to detail (and has been showcased in several Lindal Cedar Home publications). Enjoy the spectacular views from your spacious great room, or from any room in the house. Indulge in the endless riding opportunities on your own ranch, or in the abundant nearby public lands.
The home on 39 acres is not in an HOA. There is abundant wildlife on the property with close National Forest access – offering you one of the best recreational properties in Southwest Colorado. The vibrant western ranching town of Norwood is only minutes away and offers groceries, gas, restaurants and supplies. The historical town of Telluride with its legendary skiing, golf and Mountain Village Resort is in full swing both summer and winter, and is located about a 35-minute drive along the scenic, trout filled San Miguel River.
Purchase rights are available to (2) contiguous 40+ acre parcels, located in the Gurley Canyon Ranch community. These 80 acres provide access to miles of private riding, hiking and ski trails. This acreage has 2 ponds, 7 water shares, and an irrigation system in place.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 ½ bathrooms
- Master bedroom suite on the main level.
- Spacious great room incorporates the kitchen, living, dining and sunroom areas.
- 3100sf house with a 1000sf attached heated garage (oversized 3 car garage).
- Gorgeous hickory floors, and porcelain tile in the sunroom/mudroom.
- Knotty Alder cabinets and doors.
- Loft, bathroom and 2 bedrooms on the second level.
- Drive thru front overhang.
- 50 year commercial-grade metal roof.
- Lindal Lifetime Structural warranty.
- Lindal pre-stained siding.
- Two 1,800 gallon cisterns: one for the well, and one for rain catchment.
- Castlebrook 1200sf (40×64) 5-stall barn.
- 12 foot overhang.
- Heated office and bathroom (with sink, washer and dryer).
While this home operates completely off the grid with self-sustaining solar and wind power, power is also hooked up to the house.
- Energy efficient appliances (including a 6 burner top and 2 ovens!)
- 20 photovoltaic solar panels
- 6-200 lb back-up batteries – 1,347 amp hours capacity
- Whisperjet Wind Generator (800 watts of power)
- Back-up 15 kw Kohler generator with 1,000 gallon, in-ground propane tank
- Tight thermal envelope – top-grade polyurethane-sprayed foam insulation
- Energy Star Lindal windows
- 3 Rinnai tankless water heaters
- 2017 new propane boiler for in-floor heating
- Deep overhangs give sun protection in the summer & light in the winter