One of the Best Permaculture Farms in Hawaii, w/ Ocean Views (and Owner Financing Available)! Many details were considered in the planning & construction of this one-of-a-kind, thoughtfully designed & very comfortable, house w/ inner courtyard (a gathering place w/ fire pit and custom hot-tub). Durable Ferro Cement construction allows a design that feels ancient, human, European, and connected to the Earth. VERY private yet easily accessible. Many paths to walk through the verdant beauty. Gather your tribe & live off the land, off grid, in paradise.
Purchased as an established macadamia nut orchard, it has taken another 16 years to plant hundreds of permaculture trees on this now abundant 46+ acre farm. Mac nuts, citrus, bananas, tree greens, avocados, dozens of rare/exotic fruit & spice trees, herbs, vegetables, & permaculture plants thrive on the land. 110 low maint. St. Croix sheep fertilize the orchards. Top of the line hog wire fence around the perimeter keeps the property completely pig free & allows the sheep to continually mow the grass.
- Main Structure: Kitchen, dining, living room, & full bathroom
- 4 Bedrooms (& 2 storage rooms = 6 “bedrooms”)
- Long, covered, lanai w/ wall of arches around courtyard
- 1,800sqft greenhouse
- 1,800sqft storage barn
- 300sqft dome
- 700sqft structure w/ loft
- 22,000 & 2,200 gallon ferro-cement water catchment tanks
- Wood burning cook stove, 6 burner propane stove, s.s. counters, 5 s.s. sinks in kitchen
- Additional outbuildings, composting toilets, & lovely outdoor showers
This land offers a lifestyle of independence & sustainability; an organic farm that supports living in connection w/ nature while enjoying one of the most inspirational homes on the Hamakua Coast.