In the far northwest corner of Montana is an area where lifelong dreams come true, known as the Yaak. An area where one can escape the frantic hustle and bustle of our daily lives and enjoy the beauty of nature and wildlife. Nestled in the north end of the beautiful Yaak Valley, bordering National Forest and resting on 840 + ft. of the North Fork Yaak wild river frontage, sits a dream waiting to be fulfilled. In this picturesque 20+ acre Northwest Montana wilderness landscape sits a unique modern off-grid home perfect for the frontier adventurer and homesteader.
This secluded private 1400 + sq. ft. home with-in-a-home was built for convenience and easy access to other enclosures. The upstairs living area consists of a bedroom, bathroom, spacious open area kitchen-dinning-living room, pantry/closet and a deck for viewing the majestic mountains and valleys. Other rooms include 24×34 shop/garage, bunkroom/bedroom, bathroom/laundry, craft/mudroom, solar/power, and water/reloading.
A generator building hosting a “Kohler” ERG 10kw propane generator and 6 “Evergreen” 180w solar panels, houses electrical on-demands needs. Another 24×24 out building is used for wood/storage. Enclosed RV parking is also available.
There is a green house and 2 large established garden areas with drip irrigation.
The property is located ten miles above the unincorporated community of Yaak, Montana, population 248. If you’re looking for a modern off the grid farmstead (has underground phone line and satellite internet) and the remote seclusion that you’ve always desired, then Flee The City and come to Montana! You’ll never regret your move as you stand in the river fly fishing your days away!
- 2 “Outback” VFX 3524 inverters with 120/240 volts available
- 12 – 6v L16 Lead acid batteries for a 24 volt system
- 200 amp electrical panel w/ 50 (220) amp external plug
- Rinnai R94LSI on-demand h/w heater
- 110 volt soft-start half horse well pump
- 2 woodstoves/propane heaters
- Partially plumbed for radiant heat: (upstairs living area, shop, water room, down stairs bathroom, and solar room)
- Custom kitchen cabinets, stainless steel sinks and propane refrigerator
- The property has a second building site with utilities and water already brought in.