Peace of the ROCK is an architecturally designed mountain home located in Little Switzerland, NC on 5.8 acres. It is two miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway at an elevation of 3,750 feet. The house is located for both quiet and security; the present owners are members of a local group of likeminded individuals. The property is very secure. The location of the house is on posted private property at the far end of a paved dead end road off a NC state highway.
The 180 degree east view from the house is one of the most spectacular in Western North Carolina. There are views to the northeast of over 50 miles that are into east Tennessee. The east view has the house ideally situated for entertaining; by midafternoon the screened porches and deck are shaded by the house. The house is ideal for a large family, a family group or a group of friends. The house can sleep 20. There is no reason that joint ownership by individuals, firms or corporations could not be considered. Thought could be given to this property as a retreat center.
- The house is equipped with a comprehensive fire and burglar alarm system.
- There are two heliports .5 mile and 1 mile from the house.
Distances to Nearby Points of Interest
- Asheville, NC, 55 miles 1hr. 10 minutes
- Boone, NC, 48 miles 1hr. 15 minutes
- Sugar Mountain Ski Area, 37 miles 1hr. 5 minutes
- Beech Mountain Ski Area, 45 miles 1hr. 18 minutes
- Johnson City, TN, 55 miles 1hr. 25 minutes
- Charlotte, NC, 116 miles, 2hrs. 9 minutes
- Atlanta, GA, 246 miles, 4hrs. 15 minutes
SHOWN BY APPOINTMENT. Contact J C Rhine 828-765-3411 or 828-803-1945 Cell or Anne Rhine 828-765-3411.